New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
AF Challenge # 5 - "Sound Off" - Deadline Dec 14th!
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: AF Challenge # 5 - "Sound Off"
A PG-13 film can have words like Shit, Damn, and Ass in it, but they are usually only allowed one harsher expletive, usually fuck.

For instance, this summer's Wolverine movie was PG-13. It contained plenty of damns and asses, and also included one fuck.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2013, 06:21 PM
(11-03-2013 03:26 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  A PG-13 film can have words like Shit, Damn, and Ass in it, but they are usually only allowed one harsher expletive, usually fuck.

For instance, this summer's Wolverine movie was PG-13. It contained plenty of damns and asses, and also included one fuck.

Yeah, I remember that. I was watching it with my Grandma and Wolverines like 'FAURK OFF, EH.' She turned off the DVD and slapped me for making her watch 'filth'. Thanks Obama.

Another example of PG-13 that pushes the limits is Stay Alive, a horror film with blood as it's main crutch. Pretty much PG-13 is everything that isn't HARDCORE, blood is allowed, but intestines pouring out isn't, I'd assume.

EARL of BASSINGTON
Vidyas and Other Nonsense

HA x HA #4 (Hunter x Hunter Parody Series)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vOUsaA_kM
2015 Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFznIGTSEU
11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Do you think maybe you can provide/post examples of examples of stuff you're looking for? Foundation for the basis of the contest?

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ThroneofCipher's post
11-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Hmmm, interesting!
While I love finding appropriate music to find in various situations, I've never been a fan of just using stock short-clips of music to tell the viewer how they should feel. That's one of the reasons I really dislike the way music in various 4Kids dubs, MLP FiM, and so on.

However, I really like how the music is used in Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Animaniacs and so on. Each episode or short is scored individually, and matches what happen on-screen, not just with one big scene, but with every movement that happens, almost replacing the sound effects entirely as well.

I might take this challenge... If I have time.

[Image: YFrnz2P.png]
PSN, Skype, Steam: YamiMario
DeviantArt, Tumblr, YouTube
11-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Champion, sounding off!

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 4 users Like Truthordeal's post
11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
so are feature films ok or does the source need to be a televised serial

and

if a source contains both live action and animated footage is it ok to make use of the animation so long as it contains a complete narrative
11-09-2013, 12:33 AM
(11-08-2013 10:43 PM)Lucid Wrote:  so are feature films ok or does the source need to be a televised serial

and

if a source contains both live action and animated footage is it ok to make use of the animation so long as it contains a complete narrative

Both of those are ok!

11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
If it is part of an ongoing series, are we allowed to have a song as part of the intro only?

Nyan~!
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
(11-11-2013 10:36 PM)Atlas Koala Wrote:  If it is part of an ongoing series, are we allowed to have a song as part of the intro only?

I'm not going to be judging openings.

If you have a cold open before your intro, please link an alternate version without the intro. If it's just a credit roll, include a time stamp link where actual content begins.

[+] 1 user Likes codeblackhayate's post
11-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Video RE: AF Challenge # 5 - "Sound Off"
I guess I'm first up.
Here is my entry, I've placed it on my teams Fairy Tail Abridgement channel. I hope that's okay.

Enjoy. Big Grin

Nyan~!
12-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Here is my entry for the challenge. Enjoy.

My YouTube
The Devil is a Part Timer Abridged

[Image: 2i0rcr8.gif]
12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Extended to December 14th

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)