New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Poll: What's Your First Impression After Watching Inuyasha WTF?
I like/love it
It's pretty good
Not too bad
It needs more work
It completely sucks
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Inuyasha WTF AbridgeMENT (And More)
12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: Inuyasha WTF AbridgeMENT [5 Episodes] (August 4th)
(12-25-2012 11:58 AM)mattroks101 Wrote:  THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!! Next episode.

I found your criticism to be very constructive, Matt. I took notes on all the important points you brought. I will be sure to keep all those things you'd mentioned in mind while working on my next episode. Thank you very much. This really helped.

I refuse to be constantly bullied by Truthordeal just because I'm a "Junior" Mod.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ArkaKun's post
05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Inuyasha WTF AbridgeMENT
New episode. That is it.
Spoiler: Episode 7(Show)

I refuse to be constantly bullied by Truthordeal just because I'm a "Junior" Mod.
05-31-2013, 09:25 PM
You've gotten a lot better at using animation to make it look more dynamic, but man I wish you would slow down your deliveries. The lipflaps you use just look so unnatural at that speed.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
05-31-2013, 10:13 PM
(05-31-2013 09:25 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  You've gotten a lot better at using animation to make it look more dynamic

Does this mean we can be friends now?

But seriously, thanks. If you compare it with episode 6, it is a bit slower paced (But perhaps not slow enough). It's just, when I'm scripting, and imagining the voices inside my head, it doesn't sound quite right if I imagine them any slower. It's probably just me, but it sounds kinda weird to me if I record the lines slower.

I'll work on the scripting. May be while scripting, I should consider a style/direction which will allow me to have a slower paced episode without making it sound weird.

06-01-2013, 01:36 PM
It's kinda neat seeing an Inuyasha parody, I think it'd be cooler without the 'ment' concept driving it. But to each his own. Pretty cool.

[Image: 334169_200x130.png?v=1391966336.19]
12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: Inuyasha WTF AbridgeMENT (And More)
Okay, no. There is no new episode (working on it though).

However, once in a while, I make these short stupid videos about why Obito turned evil. I make these when I'm extremely bored and have nothing better to do in life. Since I've already made three of these, I've decided to post them here. I'll also post any other short comedy stuff I make in the future.

Spoiler: Reasons Why Obito Turned Evil(Show)

12-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Thought for sure he was gonna say "perspective." Really pulled a one on me there.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
09-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Well, after over a year, I have returned with yet another episode. Enjoy and please do drop some harsh critiques.

Spoiler: Episode 8(Show)

By the way guys, if your opinion on this series has changed (better OR worse), please don't hesitate to vote in that little multiple choice thingy. Totally optional though.

09-22-2014, 10:22 PM
I remember watching one of your episodes about a year or so ago and thinking. That's pretty okay, not really my thing but pretty okay. Now I really like it.

[Image: 0b06921981940149200bc28a764933df1a05e5dd...4ad9_1.gif]
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
(09-22-2014 10:22 PM)DaltonOrange Wrote:  I remember watching one of your episodes about a year or so ago and thinking. That's pretty okay, not really my thing but pretty okay. Now I really like it.

Thank you. This episode does have a slightly different style of writing than the rest, which might be a good thing for some viewers, might not be for others.

As a viewer, my very first complaint about this episode would be that it's too long for my taste. Personally, 6 minutes is usually the maximum I can tolerate for an abridged episode, unless it's amazingly good. Of course, that doesn't mean in any way that I wouldn't watch something that's longer than 6 minutes, but in my mind, I'd have that "uhh" feeling.

It's funny because the script wasn't really that much longer than the other episodes (in terms of number of words/pages). Most of the dialogues are slower paced, but I still didn't think that would make it 8 minutes.

But I won't lie though; overall, I was quite satisfied with how this episode turned out. Usually after rendering the entire episode, I'd always have that "I could've done much better" feeling, which I did have for this episode as well, but much less. That's a good thing, I guess.

09-23-2014, 01:38 PM
(09-22-2014 10:35 PM)ArkaKun Wrote:  As a viewer, my very first complaint about this episode would be that it's too long for my taste. Personally, 6 minutes is usually the maximum I can tolerate for an abridged episode, unless it's amazingly good. Of course, that doesn't mean in any way that I wouldn't watch something that's longer than 6 minutes, but in my mind, I'd have that "uhh" feeling.

I'm kinda the same way, but the pacing to this episode was great. The slower pacing actually made the episode feel shorter to me, so good job holding your audience!

My only criticism would be that the final minute or so of the episode was a little flat. Not that it wasn't funny, just that it kinda squashed the momentum it was building towards. It was a low energy closer compared to the high energy moment with the witch immediately prior to it.

Again, great job! Hilarious episode. Big Grin

Heart ~ I'LL PLAY MYSELF OUT ~ Heart
[Image: Xul_Se.gif]

Editor, Writer, VA
Darker than Black - Hyperabridged
My VA Channel (Sokka Shorts/RANGER DOOWOP)
[+] 1 user Likes eagle8burger's post
09-23-2014, 05:14 PM
(09-23-2014 01:38 PM)eagle8burger Wrote:  My only criticism would be that the final minute or so of the episode was a little flat. Not that it wasn't funny, just that it kinda squashed the momentum it was building towards. It was a low energy closer compared to the high energy moment with the witch immediately prior to it.

Thanks a lot for your review. Yes I absolutely agree that the last bit wasn't as good as the rest of the episode. Writing all the sections with the witch was surprisingly easy. I remember when I was writing the script and the witch died, I was like, "Okay now what?". At one point, I was even thinking if I should end it after the witch died, but it didn't feel like an ending to me. I simply could not figure out any cleverer way to end that episode.

Another factor I would like to mention here is the editing. In all of my previous episodes, I paid little to no attention to the editing other than the lip flaps. This time, you may notice that there are a significant amount of sound effects, background musics and appropriate ambience. Some of the lines are heard slightly more from the right or left channels, giving the illusion that the character is in the right/left side of the screen or far away. I think all those little things helped to keep the audience engaged, because there're now more things to notice than simply the dialogues. As Truth have constantly told me, this episode (I hope) looks much less like slideshows of lip-flaps and more like an actual storytelling.

09-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Good news, Arka! I no longer get motion sickness watching your lipflaps! We're officially best friends now.

[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
10-04-2014, 03:05 PM
I would love to vote, but the site doesn't seem to want me to. Oh well, comments.

I thought this episode was fantastic. Upon seeing this one, I figured I would start from the beginning and catch up. I agree with all of the early criticisms, but you seem to have taken them to heart and made changes for the better.

I laughed out loud several times in this episode (I think the biggest one was "Did somebody say vagina?", had me in stitches for some reason), and the editing was really good. Lip flaps are definitely much improved, like Truthordeal said.

Also hey, nice to meet you.

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
10-04-2014, 05:15 PM
(09-25-2014 05:56 AM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Good news, Arka! I no longer get motion sickness watching your lipflaps! We're officially best friends now.

What? Friends with the one and only Truthordeal? I must be dreaming.

(10-04-2014 03:05 PM)misterSharlto Wrote:  hey, nice to meet you.

Hello there. Nice to meet you too. I am ArkaKun. I try to make at least one episode a year.

(10-04-2014 03:05 PM)misterSharlto Wrote:  I agree with all of the early criticisms, but you seem to have taken them to heart and made changes for the better.

Yes I have, actually. I had gotten several critiques from various people (MrSkoringo, deathlymuffins, Ezekieru, etc.) for my previous episodes, and those helped me a lot. But what's funny is that when I started abridging, I wasn't like this. I used to be one of those noobs who only cared about getting the good reviews and considered all the negative reviewers to be "haters". Luckily though, I've changed. And I'm glad I did.

(10-04-2014 03:05 PM)misterSharlto Wrote:  I laughed out loud several times in this episode (I think the biggest one was "Did somebody say vagina?", had me in stitches for some reason)

Thank you very much. You're actually the second person to tell me that that vagina scene was funny, but I thought differently. In fact, when I was editing that scene, I even considered removing that whole scene from the episode, but decided not to do it. Thanks again.

10-04-2014, 07:21 PM
(10-04-2014 05:15 PM)ArkaKun Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:05 PM)misterSharlto Wrote:  I laughed out loud several times in this episode (I think the biggest one was "Did somebody say vagina?", had me in stitches for some reason)

Thank you very much. You're actually the second person to tell me that that vagina scene was funny, but I thought differently. In fact, when I was editing that scene, I even considered removing that whole scene from the episode, but decided not to do it. Thanks again.

I'm glad you didn't! I think it was just that everything lined up perfectly to punch me in the funny bone. The delivery of the line was killer, the music was perfect, and the visual of him ramping(?) over the girls and then immediately fucking off was just great.

I'm definitely glad I came across this. And I'm definitely sad that I have to wait until next year for another one Sad

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
[+] 1 user Likes Copley's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)