New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Macross The Abridged Series
06-01-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 07:08 PM by TheHawk.)
Macross The Abridged Series
This is where all of the Macross Abridged episodes will be stored.

Episode 1.

Episode 2 is finally up!

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Hope you guys like it!

You can find our YouTube Account here:
Macross Abridged Youtube

Cast List
Spoiler(Show)

mffnman964:

Hikaru Ichijo
[Image: Hikaru_VF-X-4.jpg]

Exodel Folmo
[Image: Exsedol_Folmo.jpg]

TheHawk:

Roy Focker
[Image: RoyFocker.jpg]

Commander Britai
[Image: Vrlitwhai_Kridanik_.jpg]

Warera
[Image: char_26571.jpg]

AmberLechar:

Lynn Minmei
[Image: minmay-sdfm.jpg]

Shammy
[Image: PDVD_002.jpg]

Neoka

Misa Hayase
[Image: misahayase.jpg]

Kim
[Image: Kim_Sammie_Vannessa_1_large.jpg]

Airrest:
Captain Bruno Global
[Image: Bruno-J-Global.jpg]

Max Jenius
[Image: Max_Jenius.jpg]

Lynn Kaifun
[Image: ep31_kaifun_go_home.png]

LegoGirl11:

Claudia LaSalle
[Image: Claudia_Grant_1_large.jpg]

Millia Fallyna
[Image: Millia_macross_tele.jpg]

Vanessa
[Image: Kim_Sammie_Vannessa_0_large.jpg]

SkyYuyo:

Hayao Kakizaki
[Image: Hayao_Kakizaki_1.jpg]

Psiyomi133:

Quamzin
[Image: Khyron_the_Backstabber_from_Robotech_Macross.jpg]

6SeptaG:

Rori
[Image: rori_smashed.jpg]

Kenshinex:

Konda
[Image: 1632207-vlcsnap_2011_01_23_23h50m25s85_large.png]

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheHawk's post
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 04:43 PM by OoziHobo.)
RE: Macross The Abridged Series
(06-01-2012 01:50 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  CodeBlackHayate:

Claudia LaSalle

I get it.

[Image: quadgunlogoweb-1.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like OoziHobo's post
06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
(06-01-2012 04:43 PM)OoziHobo Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 01:50 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  CodeBlackHayate:

Claudia LaSalle

I get it.

I...I....
[Image: tumblr_m1eti65Uj51qjwaf7.gif]

Congrats on making a better joke than we did the entire episode.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

My YouTube
Twitter
[+] 2 users Like TheHawk's post
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
I finally remembered to add episode 2 to this.

Found this thread way back on the 3rd page

My YouTube
Twitter
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Top Gun reference... xD I should have seen that coming...
Find all posts by this user
11-16-2012, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 03:31 AM by OoziHobo.)
I have now seen the second Macross 3 times, and I can say that it became more enjoyable with subsequent viewings. Maybe it's because I can't turn off my "flaw finder" mindset on my first... and sometimes second time through. Let's dive in!

Your opening scene was on the weaker side, and in retrospect I'm not sure of the relevance other than laying on some layers for the Captain to become increasingly disheveled. But the subject matter could have culminated in a punchline, but there was SO much set up for a simple, "Oh god! I drank the coffee!" It took too long to get to that line, and it wasn't a big enough pay off. Mina's line, "It's my scanner, not yours." was also a funny line, but her lines before and after don't match. It's like she got feisty but then someone slapped her with a cold "no emotion" fish again.

When we return from the opening we're greeted with a new a voice but have no idea where it's coming from. I think having him fade in would have signaled the audience this was a newcomer approaching as his audio grew louder. Or you could have had him sound muffled, done a door "whoosh" sound, and suddenly he sounds crystal clear. My point is, for a couple seconds, I was confused and taken on of the immersion. However, you'll be pleased to know I thought this guy was genuinely funny. Not sure of his relevance, but neither was any of the characters so it worked as a funny joke. Good job with this! Also, Airrest's "Glad you approve!" line is what really sold it.

Which brings me to my next point, Airrest is hilarious in this and the captain is easily your strongest character. This really makes me wonder how much better your show could be if your cast could really bring it like him. Neoka is great, but even she leaves something to be desired here and there... like her screams and the way she delivered her lines after being rescued from the free fall. That probably falls on you for better direction, though. Airrest has experience and can pick out the funnier way to deliver lines on his own. Everyone else, encourage them to say the same line in different ways and see what you get.

The launch scene and the sexual innuendo scene, we talked about both of these in detail over skype. My thoughts haven't changed on either of them.

Now, a curious topic! All that time you dedicated to having that guy save that girl to Tom Petty, most people would say something like, "Mini AMV's in abridging are bad." And they're probably right, but I... I don't know, I really enjoyed that short sequence. There's been many times where I wanted to devote more time to just music and visuals and didn't because it seemed taboo.

I don't think I have much else to talk about it. Uhh... your voice for the main dude is actually pretty decent, but you have a lot of trouble getting away from your accent. I don't know how to help you with that, but I'm pointing it out so you can cry about it. All in all, congratulations on finally passing this kidney-stone of an episode. Your next one better be even better, I don't write out these critiques just because I love you.

Your not-so-abitrary score from 1-10 is 5.5, and click the spoiler tag for more details.
Spoiler(Show)
[Image: Macross_2-2.png]

11-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the review, Hobo. I appreciate it.

(11-16-2012 03:18 AM)OoziHobo Wrote:  Your opening scene was on the weaker side, and in retrospect I'm not sure of the relevance other than laying on some layers for the Captain to become increasingly disheveled. But the subject matter could have culminated in a punchline, but there was SO much set up for a simple, "Oh god! I drank the coffee!" It took too long to get to that line, and it wasn't a big enough pay off. Mina's line, "It's my scanner, not yours." was also a funny line, but her lines before and after don't match. It's like she got feisty but then someone slapped her with a cold "no emotion" fish again.

The punchline for the scene was intended to be the main character in the robot when Global asked if anyone was left standing. I guess it kinda fell flat. The Claudia's coffee section was to set up for one of our running jokes.

(11-16-2012 03:18 AM)OoziHobo Wrote:  When we return from the opening we're greeted with a new a voice but have no idea where it's coming from. I think having him fade in would have signaled the audience this was a newcomer approaching as his audio grew louder. Or you could have had him sound muffled, done a door "whoosh" sound, and suddenly he sounds crystal clear. My point is, for a couple seconds, I was confused and taken on of the immersion. However, you'll be pleased to know I thought this guy was genuinely funny. Not sure of his relevance, but neither was any of the characters so it worked as a funny joke. Good job with this! Also, Airrest's "Glad you approve!" line is what really sold it.

Agreed. The original episode introduced him in the same way. I wish I could have done something else, but I was limited by the animation I am afraid. I've watched the show multiple times and I honestly don't know if he even comes back. I don't think he even got a name. And Airrest definitely sold it.

(11-16-2012 03:18 AM)OoziHobo Wrote:  Which brings me to my next point, Airrest is hilarious in this and the captain is easily your strongest character. This really makes me wonder how much better your show could be if your cast could really bring it like him. Neoka is great, but even she leaves something to be desired here and there... like her screams and the way she delivered her lines after being rescued from the free fall. That probably falls on you for better direction, though. Airrest has experience and can pick out the funnier way to deliver lines on his own. Everyone else, encourage them to say the same line in different ways and see what you get.

I agree that Airrest steals the show in this. Global is probably my favorite character to write for. I really like what we are doing with him.

Neoka didn't voice the screaming girl. Neoka was Misa and Kim, both of whom never left the bridge. Misa is the girl who dealt with Global so much. The girl screaming and falling was Minmei, and she is played by AmberLechar.

(11-16-2012 03:18 AM)OoziHobo Wrote:  Now, a curious topic! All that time you dedicated to having that guy save that girl to Tom Petty, most people would say something like, "Mini AMV's in abridging are bad." And they're probably right, but I... I don't know, I really enjoyed that short sequence. There's been many times where I wanted to devote more time to just music and visuals and didn't because it seemed taboo.

This scene...basically it is one of the most famous scenes in the original series. I had to use it. I figured putting "Free Falling" in there would be a good fit. My co-writer and I both felt that it would fit the context.

(11-16-2012 03:18 AM)OoziHobo Wrote:  I don't think I have much else to talk about it. Uhh... your voice for the main dude is actually pretty decent, but you have a lot of trouble getting away from your accent. I don't know how to help you with that, but I'm pointing it out so you can cry about it. All in all, congratulations on finally passing this kidney-stone of an episode. Your next one better be even better, I don't write out these critiques just because I love you.

I am glad you liked the voice for Rick, the main guy, but I didn't voice him. Mffnman, my co-writer voiced him. I did voice Roy, the pointless Mustache Guy and Britai, as well as some of the extras.

I am glad you liked it and I hope the next one will be better. We are already working hard on getting it perfected. I'm actually happy with this episode, as you know, it was hard as hell to finally get it out, but I am happy with the end product. That being said, I hope to improve with the next one. I always hope to improve.

My YouTube
Twitter
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Was wrong about Neoka, but I know you voiced the guy I was talking about, I just mistaked him for the maincharacter.

11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Oh. Well the guy I voiced is from America, so the accent is intentional

My YouTube
Twitter
10-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I forgot to update this when it came out, but here is episode 3

My YouTube
Twitter
[+] 1 user Likes TheHawk's post
11-07-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 02:23 PM by TheHawk.)
Here is episode 4 for everyone who cares. All 2 of you (and me).

My YouTube
Twitter
10-05-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 07:06 PM by TheHawk.)
just checking in to add the latest episode!

My YouTube
Twitter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)